The 7 day Sandwich Challenge

I recently decided to join the gym at work, its been a month and I feel great : active , flexible and hungry ! In the past my dinner would usually comprise of just about anything ( leftovers, popcorn , chat etc ). However with this new regime, I thought that I must make my dinner more nutritious and filling. But I am lazy when it comes to cooking for one. Therefore I invented the 7 day sandwich challenge to take care of that growling tummy ! All the ingredients are meant to make one sandwich with an extra spoonful of the stuffing as a short eat .

Day 1 : Italian Sandwich
Ingredients for the stuffing
Garlic pods : 3 big finely diced
Red and green bell pepper : Finely sliced
Carrot : Finely sliced
Sweet corn : 1 cup boiled with salt
Onion : 1 small sliced
Bok choy : 2 -3 leaves chopped up roughly
Oil : to cook
Spice mix : I used one of those pizza Italian mix sachets
Vinegar : 1 teaspoon
Pepper Powder : a pinch
Salt : to taste

Method
Heat oil in a saucepan , I used olive oil
Add the garlic and saute for a bit
Now add the onions and saute till translucent
Add the vinegar
Then tip in the bell pepper, carrot and saute for 2-3 minutes
Finally add the sweet corn and saute
Add the spices and salt finally
Stuff this in your bread and toast it

I would recommend that you have some mustard , BBQ sauce handy . Only in case you like adding flavor and moisture . Pitted olives and jalapenos are another option.

Happy Sandwiching !!!!

Comments