How it started


I am Rohini Kamath , a 23 year old animal enthusiast who is passionate about quiet a few things in life like food, Bangalore, athletics, old hindi songs, clothes and of course animals. Brought up on meat for almost 12 years of my life , I decided to turn vegetarian when my parents gifted me my first companion animal- Bever.
Today he happens to be a 13 year old dog who has been through the best and the worst in my life .Now lets go back to why I turned Vegan !!!
So Bever comes into my life and I decide that I cannot justify doing something to a chicken that I would not do to Bever. Against emotional blackmail and strong pressure from mum , I decided that I would turn vegetarian. It was hard in the beginning especially since my mother is such a fabulous cook (No wonder am passionate about cooking), but then with time it just grew on me.
I am glad that I took it one thing at a time. I gave up chicken first since that was all that I loved eating, then came the eggs......... Finally there came a day when I gave up eating products containing eggs .
I was really content with myself till the concept of veganism hit me, and when it did ! It changed the way I perceived animal rights and animal welfare............

Comments

  1. Go ahead Ro. You are encouraging people to practise vegeterianism just through your acts. I'm also trying to implement it, step by step. I'll try to be a vegeterian, if not a vegan. Good start as far as the blog is concerned :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment