Guacamole: Make it when avocados are in season

Avocados or butter fruit were fairly recent on my list of fruits ! Little did I know that something so easily available in and around Bangalore was so versatile. 




This is how I make my super yum, guacamole.

Avacado/ Butter Fruit : 1 Whole
Onion : 1 finely chopped 
Tomatoes : 1 medium ripe, finely chopped
Coriander leaves :  1/2 a cup finely chopped 
Green Chilles or jalepeno : As many as you like, finely chopped 
Garlic: 6-8 pods finely chopped 
Lime Juice: from 1 good sized lemon
Salt: To taste 


  • Deseed the avocado and mash it gently. I like some chunky bits so I do not mash it too much 
  • Add all the chopped ingredients ( onion, tomato, coriander, garlic), salt and lemon juice 
  • Leave it in the fridge for at-least an hour before you serve it , taste best when it is a little cold
  • Serve with tortilla chips 

Comments