Vegan Cashew Cheese Spread

I am in the " I dont want to be in the kitchen phase" at the moment. Hence, this vegan cheese must mean a lot to me, given that I churning out batches and batches of it :). It goes great with bread and can also be diluted and used as a dip. So ..... enjoy :

Ingredients to make 150 gms of cheese spread: 
Soaked Cashews ( whole/halved): 100 gms . I soak them for 6-8 hours and use the soaked water to make the cheese 
Tofu (Silken is best) : 50-55 gms . I use a brand, Kakim which is a little hard to find, but MK Retail and or Namdhari s are the best places to find it
Lime Juice: 1/2 tbsp
Apple cider vinegar: 3/4 th tbsp
Nutritional Yeast : 3 tsp . I ordered mine on Amazon 
Garlic : 4 big pods 
Salt: To taste 
Additions : Chilly Flakes, Herbs, JalapeƱos 
  
Process 
In the mixer, grind the soaked cashew with 2 tbsp of the cashew water and garlic pods till its coarse and granular 
To this add chopped tofu, nutritional yeast, lime juice, salt, apple cider vinegar and grind to a smooth paste 
Add chilly flakes / Herbs and Jalapenos as you think is needed and your cheese is ready





Comments