Barbecued Vegetables

Barbecue as such is not a very alien concept to us Indians however it  has become a rage only recently among households. I fell in love with the concept when I stumbled upon how easy it was, thanks to a friends family and it has been a case of happily ever after since then. I have an improvised barbecue set up that comprises of a huge vessel , lots of charcoal, a hair drier and a griddle with holes : that's it and you have your perfect barbecue . Here is my recipe for Barbecued veggies.

Ingredients
Assorted vegetables ( zucchini , blanched baby corn , steamed sweet corn on cob cut inch wide, tofu cubes , boiled baby potato , onions , bell pepper )
Soy curd : two big cups
Ginger garlic paste : one tablespoon
Salt: to taste
Garam masala : one teaspoon
Red chilly powder : one teaspoon
Tumeric powder : one teaspoon
Lime : optional
Oil : 2 tablespoons

Method
Make the marinate by mixing together curd , all the masalas, oil and salt
Now add all the chopped veggies to the marinade and leave it in the fridge for at least 10 hours
Since my barbecue setup is amature , I just heat coal on the stove and once its hot transfer it to my big pan
I do all of this on my balcony since there is plenty of smoke involved
I place the veggies on the griddle with a little oil and use the blow drier to keep the charcoal on fire
Once cooked on both sides I sprinkle the veggies with chat masala and lime and then serve it with mint chutney, hot pulkas and a simple cabbage salad
Great starter and leftovers are a great filling for any roll      

Comments