Thai red curry with rice


So this is my exclusive weekend with grand mom who is a super duper chick ! She loves experimenting different cuisines , is very inquisitive and keen on knowing what this generation does . So for lunch I decided to make a Red Thai curry ( my mum is busy galavanting in Chennai with her friends since it is her reunion weekend) . Warning : I have done a Nigella Lawson on this one ( meaning , I did not make my own paste or make the coconut milk ). Here is my recipe/process of assembling ingredients

Ingredients : The quantity I made serves three * refer to picture to know how I chopped up my veggies
Coconut milk : 400 ml ( 200 ml thick and 200 ml second milk )
Thai red curry paste : 2 table spoons ( choose a brand from the market. Make sure it is vegetarian though)
Tofu : 8 pieces
Veggies used : Carrot , Spring onion bulbs , Red Yellow Green bell pepper , Broccoli ( blanched ) , Baby corn and Zucchini
Oil : 2 teaspoons
Rice : To be cooked with herbs that you like

Method :

Heat oil in a wok/large non stick vessel
Saute the onion bulbs for 45 seconds and then add the red curry paste
Let it cook for 2-3 minutes
Now add all the veggies ( not the broccoli and Tofu ) and saute for 3 minutes
Now add only the tofu and let it fry for about a minute
Now is the time for the coconut milk , first the thick milk goes in and simmers for 2-3 minutes
Once that's done tip in the second/diluted milk and bring to a simmer
Simultaneously add the drained broccoli and cover the vessel with a lid and let it simmer foe a bit
Add salt to taste ( some times the curry paste has salt )

To serve follow the pictures. Fast and easy Saturday lunch recipe! I have not found great Thai curry in Bangalore but Malaka Spice in Pune serves some awesome Thai Red Curry !

Comments