And along comes Veganism


So as I was saying , there I was a happy vegetarian , thinking that being one was the best we could do for animals. Things changed when I met a few fellow Bangaloreans at an NGO called Krupa.
We were all helping organise an adoption camp for homeless pariah puppies and a vegan there started discussing the concept and why one needs to be a vegan to help animals better. I was taken aback with all the gyan , but slowly and steadily began accepting the harsh realities of the Dairy , clothing and food industry and how my using milk, silk and leather was doing animals a lot of damage than I could imagine. I gave myself time till I turned 18 to give up non vegan products and over a year gave one dish up at a time .............. What a process it was. Finally there came a day when I was completely vegan.
One needs to understand that veganism is not about self purification but more a lifestyle that deals with helping animals to the maximum. I often face the wrath of people who try desperately to prove you wrong, but with experience you can easily tell that their efforts are directed at masking the fact that they are contributing to abuse and bloodshed.
It has been over 5 years now and when I look back at all my vegan days , I realise that I have significantly contributed to the environment around me in my own little way.
Now that is the story of how and why I turned Vegan ,since all the jazz is now out in the open, lets get to the more interesting part - FOOD . Read on.......

Comments

  1. I think its really strong of you, to actually do something about a cause you believe in.

    Really admire the trait. I wish too, that one day I would stop to preach, and do something worthwhile, myself.

    You really are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment