The Thai romance continues : Phad Thai Noodles

Ok, no chit chat here, let me get straight to the point : The best Phad Thai Noodles I have ever had in India (of course) is at Malaka Spice in Pune. I have never found something similar anywhere. I then stumbled upon this recipe and I must say that it inspired me to make my own version of a Phad Thai and am I glad that I did! 

With flash

Without flash 



Ingredients 
Flat Rice Noodles: 25o gms ( I know for sure cause I split a 500 gms pack into 2 equal parts and we had three decent portions)
Sliced veggies : You can add as much as you like , I used a mix of bell pepper, carrots and baby corn 
Tofu: Sliced thin ( the more the better I guess)
Garlic : 5 bulbs minced
Spring onion bulbs: peeled and sliced 
Spring onion leaves: Sliced , a bowl 
Coriander leaves : dried ( do not chop)
Soy sauce: 4 tbsp 
Brown sugar: 2 tbsp 
Lemon: juice of 1 
Salt to taste 
Crushed salted peanuts : 1 bowl 
Lemon wedges: to be served as garnish 

Method
Soak the noodles in hot/cold water as instructed on the pack
Heat oil in a wok 
Add the spring onion bulbs, chopped garlic and saute 
Then add all the veggies, tofu and saute for a minute 
Now add the rice noodles and mix well 
For the dressing mix the soy sauce, brown sugar , lemon and salt in a bowl and pour all over the noodles that you have made . Mix well 
Garnish with chopped peanuts, coriander leavers and spring onion leaves 
Serve with a lemon wedge  


Comments

  1. That sounds easy and looks delish! Will definitely be trying this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember having it at Malaka Spice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seeing these comments only today :( damn..... Come here Priyam and I will make you some and invite Midhun and Simi over !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment