Pasta with Alfredo sauce

I have always wanted to have a vegan pasta in white sauce . While a recipe of my previously made arabiatta is shared here , the white sauce or alfredo has been elusive thanks to my vegan lifestyle. 
Pasta Alfredo with steamed carrots , broccoli,
sweet corn with garlic bread  
A dear friend was kind enough to bring back some amazing vegan cheese from the US and I have been innovating with cheese ever since. The brand is Daiya and I cannot reiterate how brilliant the product is. Cheese is the one thing I miss after I turned Vegan especially since I would snack on it all the time. Finding a vegan substitute in India has been a difficult task till now. 
In terms of taste , the soy milk I used for the sauce was too sweet ( I used sofit , natural). I suggest that you try this recipe with silk soy milk maybe. 


Ingredients 
Shell pasta : Boiled al dente 1 cup 
Grated garlic : 2 tbsp
Butter substitute or Olive oil : 2 tbsp 
Maida/Flour : 1 tsp 
Cheese : The more the merrier 
Italian seasoning : 1 tsp 
Chilly flakes : 1 tsp 
Soy milk: 1/4th a cup 
Salt : to tate 


Method
Heat butter in a wok 
Add the garlic and saute slightly 
Next add the flour and saute till the raw smell disappears 
Then add the milk and blend well 
Add the spices and mix well 
Add the cheese now and let the sauce simmer for a while , if you find it too thick add some more milk 
Finally tip in the pasta and serve 


I served the pasta with steamed and grilled veggies and garlic bread. 

Comments