Chinese Stir Fried Vegetables

One of  my all time favorites and super easy to make ! Honestly , I am very critical of my food and I get very upset even when there is a slight flavor difference. This dish by far is my most consistent performer and even my mother eats it without any complaints. So here goes :
Ingredients
Garlic Chilly paste : This is what adds flavor to this dish. All you need to do is soak some dry red chillies in water for 3 hours and then coarsly grind it with garlic pods . I dont really have a ratio cause sometimes I like it spicy so I add more chilly and sometimes I like how pungent the garlic can be and I overplay that ingredient. You can use this to impart "Indi -Chinese" flavor to any dish.
I am allergic to mushrooms and skip it , but feel free to include them.

Oil : 2 teaspoons
Dry red chilly : 3 cut into half
Garlic : 10 pods finely chopped
Onions  : 2 small sized ,cut into squares  
Capsicum : 1 small cut into squares
Carrot : 1 cup , sliced and chopped
Baby corn : 4-5 sliced and chopped
Bok choy : 2 cut roughly by hand
Tofu : 1/2 cup
Zucchini: 1/2 cup
Peanuts : Dry roasted , peeled and ground coarsely
Spring onions : to garnish , alternatively coriander could also add a desi touch
Corn flour : 2 teaspoons
Sugar : 1 teaspoon
Salt : to taste
Soya sauce and Vinegar: 2 teaspoons each

Method
Heat oil in a wok . Add the chopped red chilly and garlic and let it saute for a bit
Next add the onion and capsicum and let it saute till the onion is translucent
At this stage add the salt and sugar. Now add all the veggies excluding the bok choy and tofu
Let the veggies get a little tender which might take 2-3 minutes depending on the flame and the wok 
In a separate bowl mix the chilly garlic paste with soya sauce , vinegar , and cornflour to make a liquidy paste.
Once the veggies are tender add the tofu and bok choy and cook for a minute or so
Finally add this mixture that you have made from the bowl into your wok and let the veggies absorb the juices
Finally add the ground peanuts and spring onions and let it rest for at least an hour before you serve it

Tastes best when served piping hot !!!!!!






Comments