My way with a Subway


I started this blog and told myself that I would make it a point to blog daily about something that I ate on day to day bases. However , things did not turn out in my favour.
An entourage of assignments , a sudden trip to Bangalore and sheer laziness meant that I could not blog for close to three days. I seek solace in the fact that coincidentally I ate anything great on these three days!!!
Today however turned out to be a bit more exciting. My roommates sudden trip to the city and her willingness to painstakingly get me a sub made me one content person.
I love breads in general since most of them are vegan , except for those that contain milk powder. I absolutely love subway subs ,especially the shammi , aloo patty and veggie patty with all vegetables but for tomato . I ask for extra pickle. I choose Italian bread or brown bread since it is vegan and choose oil and vinegar , salt and pepper, mustard and BBQ sauce ( the others are not vegan). On certain days I get my bread toasted as well.
The thing about a sub is that it makes me feel at home for some strange reason. Its the mild flavours and the fresh veggies that get me all excited. In Bangalore I love the subway at Forum mall’s Transit, the one on Bannerghatta road and the one next to Safina plaza . In Mysore Subway outlets existed on KD road and at the Infy campus , sadly they do not exist anymore. In Chennai, I love the outlet at Safina Plaza . I have also eaten at outlets in Jaipur and Delhi and like the fact that the food always tastes the same everywhere at these outlets.
Finally in Pune , our favourite haunt is the outlet on FC Road. On certain other days we do visit the one at SGS mall and the new outlet at Aundh.
Though not Indian, the chain has managed to get most people hooked on to its menu due to its customization. Where else would you have a shammi sub ..... It amazing what marketers do for the Indian consumer !!!!

Comments

  1. I totally agree!
    Subway is the perfect getaway, and it works best atop this hill campus of ours, as they are the fastest edible item to get made, and also that they use brown paper packaging, for take-aways!

    Also, the iced tea is brilliant there, although I dont know if it is vegan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rohini, Great to find your blog! Hope you will write more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment